Happiness is owning a chestnut mare.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

GARG!

So, Taters and have had 2 lovely weeks of riding and just doing random ground work. There was only one day that made me mad, and that was last Saturday when the snow started melting.

Taters is a very reactive mare, and though I love every piece of her, the fact that she will spook at something random and stupid and then refuse to get over it for 10 minutes is really annoying.  As much as I hate to give into her occasional stupidity, I think I am going to avoid riding her on those winter "transition days." You know, the days when the snow comes flying off the roof and sends your horse flying across the ring. Yeah, I don't feel like dealing with that. Anyway, we had an excellent ride on Thursday even though her feet are getting long and she really needs a trim.


No comments:

Post a Comment